This month’s Senior Section Lones newsletter featured the exciting ‘Surprise Egg’ as a goodie.
I thought I’d share a quick how-to.
- Strips Crepe Paper (1/2 inch wide and as long as possible)
- Glue Stick
- Plastic egg (I used the inner bit from a Kinder Egg)
- Goodies – confetti, stickers, fluffy chick…
How to make a ‘Surprise Egg’
1. Fill up the plastic egg with goodies – you can pop in anything you fancy on any theme. I opted for Easter fun so a mix of confetti, stickers, pastel fluffy balls, little chick and bunny stickers were added.
2. Next start wrapping a strip of crepe paper around the egg. Ideally you want to do it evenly. I found that folding the paper at a slight angle to let you change direction worked well.
3. Repeat the above step
and every so often add in a goodie (something small and ideally flat unless you are going to make a really large ‘Surprise Egg’.
Now it is all set to place in a parcel and mail to an unsuspecting Girlguiding member 🙂