This is a really simple way to make your own badges for your camp blanket.
You will need:
T-shirt transfer paper
Computer and printer
Old white T-Shirt
Thread and needle
1. Choose the image you’d like to use from the computer and make up a page of them. Remember to reverse any image with letters or if direction matters. You can make the image any shape or size you want but remember the badge will be slightly larger in size.
2. Print your page of images onto the T-shirt transfer paper (follow any instructions given on the product).
3. Trim round the transfer paper (being careful to leave a border round your image).
4. Using an iron transfer the image onto an old white t-shirt (again follow instructions on your transfer paper).
5. Now trim around your image and select the felt you want to use. Cut out two pieces both larger than your printed design and one slightly larger than the other. I used two complimentary colours of felt.
6. Stitch on the printed design onto the first of your felt pieces, leaving a border of a 1/8″ or more between the edge and your stitching.
7. Trim round that leaving a thin 1/8″ or more border of felt. Place onto the second colour of felt and stitch that in place. I decided to hide the second set of stitches by gently turning up the printed piece and stitching underneath.
8. Trim round the outer layer of felt and you are done. All ready for it to be stitched onto your camp blanket.
Best of all you can do this with any image and because it’s transferred onto t-shirt fabric it won’t fray. So what badges will you make?