Here is Thorfinn’s favourite banana loaf recipe, he loves it so much he tries to fit a whole slice in his mouth at once.
Mummy’s Banana Loaf
Makes 1 Loaf (Dairy-free, egg-free, soya-free, wheat-free, barley-free)
- 285g/10oz Doves Farm Gluten Free Plain White Flour
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2tsp salt
- 225g/8oz Caster Sugar (granulated works fine as well)
- 1/4tsp Xanthan Gum
- 110g/4oz Dairy Free Margarine (I use Vitalite )
- egg replacement equivalent to 2 eggs (I use ‘Orgran No Egg’ ).
- 4 mashed overripe bananas (you can do it with ripe but you need to do a lot more mashing)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a loaf tin with a silicone wrapper (or grease it).
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Mix in Dairy Free Margarine – you can cream sugar and margarine together separately but I find it doesn’t make any difference.
- Add egg replacement equivalent to 2 eggs.
- Add 4 mashed overripe bananas.
- Mix it all together (if it does need more liquid you can add Oatly or another milk replacement but I find its OK without).
- Pour into lined loaf tin and bake for an hour or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from from tin and cool on rack.