200g (1 1/2 cups) gluten free self raising flour.
100g (1/2 cup) sugar.
1 level tablespoon of arrowroot.
Splash of oil.
Oatly to mix.
For chocolate Pancakes use Chocolate Oatly.
Mix dry ingredients then add oil and enough oatly to make a batter. Cook in oiled frying pan on medium heat until bubbles form and batter looks like its about to set. Flip and cook on other side until golden brown. Place cooked pancakes in clean tea towel on a plate to keep warm. Once cooled pop in sealed container and eat within 24hours.
Here is Thorfinn’s favourite banana loaf recipe, he loves it so much he tries to fit a whole slice in his mouth at once.
Mummy’s Banana Loaf
Makes 1 Loaf (Dairy-free, egg-free, soya-free, wheat-free, barley-free)
- 285g/10oz Doves Farm Gluten Free Plain White Flour
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2tsp salt
- 225g/8oz Caster Sugar (granulated works fine as well)
- 1/4tsp Xanthan Gum
- 110g/4oz Dairy Free Margarine (I use Vitalite )
- egg replacement equivalent to 2 eggs (I use ‘Orgran No Egg’ ).
- 4 mashed overripe bananas (you can do it with ripe but you need to do a lot more mashing)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a loaf tin with a silicone wrapper (or grease it).
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Mix in Dairy Free Margarine – you can cream sugar and margarine together separately but I find it doesn’t make any difference.
- Add egg replacement equivalent to 2 eggs.
- Add 4 mashed overripe bananas.
- Mix it all together (if it does need more liquid you can add Oatly or another milk replacement but I find its OK without).
- Pour into lined loaf tin and bake for an hour or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from from tin and cool on rack.